Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WEEK 2: AUNT ASHLEY VISITS

My mom went home on Sunday, 4/5 & came back the next day to spend most of the week with us. Again, having her here to help me while Eric was at work was invaluable. It really made my days easy. She would watch Reagan if I needed to run an errand or would run the errands for me.
On Thursday, my mom went back up to her house. Eric had to go out of town that day, so I went on up to my parents' house, too. Ashley arrived the next day & had a great time spoiling Reagan with cuddling...neither Ash or my mom wanted to put Reagan down. That evening, a major storm system moved in & our area was under tornado watches & warnings all night long. Poor Eric was driving back from western Tennessee & had to go right through the worst of the weather. Thank goodness he made is safely to my parents' house. Saturday, Reagan had lots of visitors come over including Maryanne Yeary, the Mitchells, Fuzzy & Charlene, Delores & Lee Blumentritt. That evening, my mom & sister watched Reagan while Eric & I went out for a nice dinner at La Strada together. It was nice for just the two of us to have some time together.
Sunday was Easter & Ashley had to go back to Chapel Hill. The rest of us packed up & headed to Lynnda & Steve Eagle's house for Easter dinner. The spread of food was awesome & it was great to see the Eagles. When I was changing Reagan before we left for our house, I knocked her umbilical cord & it just about fell off. She wailed, of course, as I imagine it hurt. I put the cord back as best I could I figured it would fall all the way off when it was ready. That happened two days later. Great second week...here are some photos.







No comments: